Renata is Chartered Counselling Psychologist and Chartered Forensic Psychologist of the Psychological Society of Ireland. She works with patients diagnosed (and with comorbidities) with psychosis, bipolar disorders, depression, anxiety, personality disorders, relationships difficulties; victims of violence; critical patients such as suicide attempts; and patients undiagnosed but looking for a better quality of life and achieving different goals. Her areas of expertise include mental health, analytical psychology, expressive arts therapy, individual, group and family therapy and psychiatric intervention.
Renata has started her career in mental health, researching forensic psychiatric patients both in her Master’s and PhD. She has conducted two post-doctoral investigations at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro: In the first (Institute of Psychology) she has researched criminology and mental health; during the second (Institute of Psychiatry), she has researched the stigma of madness and dangerousness. During both periods she has taught seven courses about psychology, criminology and mental health for undergraduate and post-graduate students, apart from working at the day hospital of the Institute of Psychiatry as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Renata has a collaborative approach, mostly dedicated to the analytical psychology developed by Carl Gustav Jung, which comprises dream analysis and expressive arts therapy as tools in the therapeutic process.
Fees: €100 per 50 min Session, reduced rate can be discussed on a case by case basis.
– Chartered Psychologist of The Psychological Society of Ireland (C.Psychol.,Ps.S.I.)
– Chartered Counselling Psychologist of The Psychological Society of Ireland (C.Couns.Psychol.,Ps.S.I.)
– Chartered Forensic Psychologist of The Psychological Society of Ireland (C.Forensic.Psychol.,Ps.S.I.)
– Board member of the Division of Forensic Psychology of The Psychological Society of Ireland
– Post-doctorate of Psychology, Federal University University of Rio de Janeiro
– Post doctorate of Psychiatry and Mental Health, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
– Doctorate of Psychology, University of Minho
– Masters in Criminal Sciences and Law, University of Coimbra
– Bachelor in Psychology, University of Saint Ursula