Remedy Clinic – Counselling Dublin.
Self-esteem is about far more than just liking yourself. It is also about believing that you are worthy of things such as love. You need to value your own feelings, opinions, thoughts, goals, and interests.Having self-esteem will not only benefit how you feel about and treat yourself, but also how you allow others to treat you.
What Is Low Self-Esteem?
Low self-esteem occurs when someone is lacking in confidence about what they can do and who they are. They often feel unloved, incompetent, and inadequate. People who are struggling with their self-esteem will feel afraid of making mistakes or letting people down. Having low self-esteem can be detrimental to your mental health and can affect you negatively.
What Are the Signs of Low Self-Esteem?
Signs of low self-esteem include:
- Saying negative things about yourself
- Being critical of yourself
- Joking about yourself in a negative way
- Avoiding things for fear of failure
- Being overly upset
- Feeling sad
- Feeling anxious
- Feeling depressed
- Feeling angry
- Feeling worthless
- Blaming yourself
- Thinking you don’t deserve good things
Low Self-Esteem Treatment
To improve your self-esteem, you can:
- Acknowledge the things you’re good at
- Speak to a counsellor in Remedy Clinic, Dublin Counselling Centre
- Celebrate the small things
- Volunteer to help others
- Do things you enjoy