Remedy Clinic – Stress Counselling Dublin
Life is full of deadlines, hassles, demands, frustrations, and consequential stress. For all of us stress is a common feature in life. However, it really shouldn’t be something that you’re dealing with every single day.If you find yourself constantly feeling stressed out and overwhelmed, it is time to take action.
What Is Stress?
Stress is a normal human reaction to many things in life. It happens to everyone. Stress responses are an unconscious and automatic response to environmental and psychological stimulus. It is useful when it operates at an optimal level, and works as a motivator to meet deadlines, produce work etc, but when it spills over into excessive stress – and affects your mood, relationships, enjoyment of life – it needs to be addressed.
What Are the Symptoms of Stress?
Some symptoms of stress may include:
- Weak immune system
- Trouble with intercourse
- Dizziness or shaking
- Trouble sleeping
- High blood pressure
- Muscle tension
- Panic attacks
You can’t always avoid stress. However, you can stop it from becoming overwhelming and you can become more skilled at managing it:
- Speak to a counsellor/therapist in Remedy Clinic, Dublin Counselling and therapy centre
- Exercise when you feel stressed
- Become body aware and learn about the autonomic nervous system
- Engage in relaxation techniques or breathwork
- Engage in relaxing activities and self care practices
- Learn how to downward regulate with the help of a professional