Remedy Clinic – Psychotherapy Dublin.
Good relationships are ones that nourish and support us in every aspect of our lives. When you’re in a healthy relationship, you can feel supported in your life and work, and feel understood and valued. You won’t be worried or unable to talk about your life. Like a well-oiled machine, you will be able to go about your day without constantly repairing it. While you will have disagreements and healthy conflict, you still have respect and boundaries between you and have an open line of communication.
What Are Relationship Difficulties?
If you’re in a relationship where you are constantly fighting, feeling hatred towards one another, and dealing with difficulties, this is a sign of issues that are either unspoken or not understood.
What Are the Signs of Relationship Difficulties?
Here are some common signs of relationship troubles:
- Humour is at the other person’s expense
- Communication is minimal and negative
- You are spending less time together
- Put-downs are common
- There are few fun moments
- Conflict leads to resentment
- One person is rarely listening
- One person says the relationship is in trouble
- You act like nothing is wrong
- You blame your partner for any happenings
How to Deal with Relationship Difficulties
If you plan to work through your difficulties, you should try to:
- Speak to a couples counsellor/therapist in Remedy Clinic, leaders in counselling and psychotherapy.
- Ask your partner what is wrong if they seem upset
- Be clear
- Pay attention to them
- Take responsibility
- Do something kind